Choose a first, single or second cycle degree programme and learn more about the steps you need to take in order to enrol and the financial aid opportunities offered by LUM University
To pre-enroll please complete the procedure online. In order to complete your enrolment, you will need to obtain an entry visa.
Important information for non-EU students: if you need to apply for a visa to enter Italy, please note that the Italian Ministry for University and Research has published the Procedures for entry, residency and enrollment in Italian Higher Education Institutions for students requiring a Visa for a.y. 2021/22. You are strongly recommended to read this document carefully and, if it applies to you, to register to the Universitaly portal in order to obtain a study visa for Italy attaching the documents listed in the side menu.
If you are a non-EU student residing abroad and you want to enrol in a degree programme taught in Italian, you must meet the Italian language requirement: pass the Italian language test or present a valid certificate.
Online pre-enrolment is mandatory for all non-UE students living abroad, including those who have already gone through LUM’s pre-selection process.
Visa and Residence Permit
All non-EU students who have been admitted to any program at LUM University will receive an official invitation letter from the University (after sending their personal information needed to issue the letter to the International Office) which is to be used when applying for an Italian study visa.
Students who need a study Visa for Italy can visit the dedicated page on the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s website, in order to check the documentation they need and the specific Consulate/Embassy/Visa center they have to refer to.
According to the Procedures for entry, residency and enrollment in Italian Higher Education Institutions for students requiring a Visa for a.y. 2022/23 study visas for university enrollment have to be finalized by November 30, 2022.
Once in Italy, non-EU students need to apply for a residence permit no later than 8 working days after the date of their arrival (the date is shown on their visa, inside their passport).
If you are unsure whether or not you need a visa to enter Italy, please check our Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
For further information, please contact our Admission Office.
Documents to upload o Universitaly
Documents to upload on Universitaly website
Pre-application in a Bachelor or Single-cycle degree programme:
been obtained or Statement of comparability issued by CIMEA (only for those already in possession);
Pre-application in a two-year master’s degree programme:
- high school diploma, translated into Italian, legalized by the authorities of the country issuing the degree;
- Degree (Bachelor Sc. or equivalent), translated into Italian by an official translator, legalized by the competent authorities of the Country issuing the degree;
- on-site Declaration of Value issued by the Italian Embassy in the country where the degree has been obtained or Statement of comparability issued by CIMEA (only for those already in possession);
- identity document;
- admission letter issued by our University.
The high school diploma and university degree/certificates are also accepted in French, English, German and Spanish.
The certified translation of the university degree and the related on-site Declaration of Value/statement of validity can be replaced by the Diploma Supplement issued by the universities of countries belonging to the European Higher Education Area.
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University.
- students who want to access Master’s degrees at the University (pre-Master option).
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
For the academic year 2022-23, you can choose between 2 available options:
- Foundation Year – residential option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses in presence* in Casamassima-Bari from October 2022 until June 2023.
- Foundation Year – online option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies classes entirely online from October 2022 until June 2023.
To be admitted at the “Foundation Year”, students must have the secondary school diploma and a certified knowledge of English at least at B1 level. No entrance knowledge of the Italian language is assumed.
In order to take part in the “Foundation Year” is required a tuition fee of €4.000,00 for student.
The “LUM Foundation Year” program is composed of a common part (Italian language and culture) and of one of the elective following fields of study: Law/Business or Sciences, that will be delivered in the second semester.
Classroom activities total 400 hours and attendance is mandatory for at least 80% of them.
Applications for are open! To apply please fill in the